Summary of Position:
The main focus of this role is to provide technical leadership and be a major contributor in the development of business intelligence at. The Business Intelligence Solutions Architect will provide comprehensive knowledge and support in the physical design, testing, implementation, maintenance and control of data warehouse, including design and verification of extract, transform and load operations.
The position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business community. The position will proactively look for opportunities to improve usability, performance and scalability of the BI stack as well as plan and execute QA testing. The successful candidate will be expected to stay current on database technology while also continuing to grow their knowledge of the business.
- Leads and provides strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data warehousing best practices.
- Leads the development of the data architecture and related data architecture standards and conventions for the data marts.
- Consults on the design and implementation of detailed data mart models and data mappings.
- Develops standards and procedures affecting data and process modeling and documentation and database design, maintenance and management.
- Assists in the development of project estimates, plans and timelines and coordination of team efforts to effectively execute project plans.
- Provides training and mentoring to team members.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience creating and implementing data warehouses
- Excellent data profiling abilities
- Expert knowledge of SQL and related procedural languages
- Collaboration with cross-functional groups and taking direction in a matrix environment are the norm.
- Experience managing data warehouse project and lifecycle initiatives
- Previous experience in project and team leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
- SQL Server 2008, 2012 database experience
- Prior experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including SSIS, SSAS, SharePoint, PowerPivot, Excel
- User experience with PeopleSoft
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org