Spartan Technologies designs and delivers business solutions based on an in-depth understanding of the business issues our clients face. We are currently hiring for a Data Modeler in a fulltime role.
Summary of Position:
The main focus of this role is to define and manage the data structures required to support the enterprise through the Business Intelligence program. The data modeler is a focal point for understanding data from the corporate perspective and representing the data so it can be understood uniformly throughout the company. Logical data modeling is a required skill.
The position will require an individual who can work with minimal supervision on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business community. The data modeler will proactively look for opportunities to improve usability, performance and scalability of the Business Intelligence stack as well as participate in the planning and execution of QA testing. The data modeler must manage and balance the current and future needs of the Business Intelligence program in both design and content. He/she must also resolve semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple sources and projects.
The successful candidate will be expected to stay current on database technology while also continuing to grow their knowledge of the business.
- Provides strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data modeling best practices.
- Designs and develops conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Serves as a consensus builder among users on common business data definitions.
- Resolves semantic discrepancies in data definitions that arise among multiple data sources and multiple projects.
- Assists in developing standards and procedures affecting data and process modeling and database design, maintenance and management.
- Assists in the development of project estimates, plans and timelines and coordination of team efforts to effectively execute project plans.
- Provides training and mentoring to team members.
- Analyzes data by defining quality requirements; assessing data quality, availability, and change data capture.
- Demonstrable experience implementing a data warehouse for business intelligence purposes to include the design and definition of logical tables and mapping of logical data models to physical data models, following Kimball or Inmon data modeling concepts.
- Data profiling abilities.
- Ability to use SQL to perform CRUD activities.
- Collaboration with cross-functional groups and taking direction in a matrix environment are the norm.
- Ability to coach, and be coached, on technical and non-technical skills and knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
- SQL Server 2008, 2012 database experience
- Experience using ERWin Data Modeler
- Experience with the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack, including SSIS, SSAS, SharePoint, PowerPivot, Excel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com